Longdale Farm is a small, family owned and operated farm located in South Charleston, Ohio. We partner with other local family farms to rear our cattle. When we first met Dave Long, the “Long” in Longdale, he had already dedicated a decade to perfecting a new model of raising cattle. Fast-forward several years to today, and we are finally able, with Dave as our partner, to introduce a revolutionary new beef to the market. Our all natural steaks have been tested in certified labs and proven to be 20-45% lower in fat, calories and cholesterol than conventional beef, and significantly lower in cholesterol than boneless, skinless chicken breast. While the health benefits are groundbreaking, we are most proud of our beef’s exceptional taste and tenderness.
In our continuing effort to produce the healthiest beef on the planet, we recently added a combination of vegetables and grains to our feed program to naturally increase the levels of Omega-3 and Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) in our beef. Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids, which means they are essential to human health, but cannot be manufactured by the body. For this reason, Omega-3 must be obtained from food. Omega-3 has been proven to improve heart health and circulation, reduce plaque and heart disease, heart attack. In addition, it is proven to have reduced levels of arthritis and depression, and to decrease levels of memory loss.
Here at Longdale Farm we focus on making our beef better. Our mission is to provide beef that is:
- Better Tasting
- Better for You
- Better for the Environment
- Better for the Cattle
We focus on six key areas to produce this exceptional beef:
- Taste: we raise our cattle on a special grain, vegetable and vitamin diet to create a big, beefy taste
- Tenderness: we shear test for tenderness
- Consistency: every steak and burger should cut, cook and taste the same
- Health Benefits: we use no added hormones; our feed contains no additives or animal by-products; and the resulting product has lower fat, cholesterol and calories than conventional beef
- Animal Welfare: our cattle are reared under the supervision and guidance of the legendary Dr. Temple Grandin
- Sustainability: our program reduces the amount of Methane gas in the environment
One of our greatest joys is watching people bite into their first Longdale Farm steak or burger. Seeing the enjoyment and satisfaction our customers get from our product, and knowing that we are able to provide them with a healthier choice makes our job rewarding and fulfilling. We know that you, too, will be amazed by the difference.